Hi all,

most of you probably got the email from Gavin on the committers list, but I’ll
just mention this here as not all on this list are committers.

We will be having an ApacheCon in Montreal this September. This is a great
opportunity to meet other people from the project and great people from other
projects. As Apache believes these conferences are important, TAC (Travel
Assistance Committee) helps sponsor those people who otherwise couldn’t afford
the trip. If you apply for TAC and get accepted, Apache takes care of the
flight, accommodation, conference fees, …

My first trip to an ApacheCon was through TAC and it had changed my life … ok
and it got me totally addicted with Apache and since then I have no unused free
time any more. Last ApacheCon I heard of this interesting new project “Edgent”
… well guess you know where at least some of that time went since then ;-)

Well if you can afford the trip and/or your company even covers your trip, it
would be super awesome to meet some of you guys in Canada this September. I am
totally planning on going there.

Chris

PS: Here the original email:

Hi Committers!

The Travel Assistance Committee (TAC) are pleased to announce that travel
assistance applications for ApacheCon NA 2018 are now open!

We will be supporting ApacheCon NA Montreal, Canada on 24th - 29th September
2018

 TAC exists to help those that would like to attend ApacheCon events, but are
unable to do so for financial reasons.
For more info on this years applications and qualifying criteria, please visit
the TAC website at < http://www.apache.org/travel/ >. Applications opened today
and will close around the 1st May.

Important: Applications close on May 1st, 2018. Applicants have until the
closing date above to submit their applications (which should contain as much
supporting material as required to efficiently and accurately process their
request), this will enable TAC to announce successful awards shortly afterwards.

As usual, TAC expects to deal with a range of applications from a diverse range
of backgrounds. We therefore encourage (as always) anyone thinking about
sending in an application to do so ASAP.
We look forward to greeting many of you in Montreal

Kind Regards,
Gavin - (On behalf of the Travel Assistance Committee)