From: Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2019 11:53:39 AM
To: Edgent
Subject: Incubator Board Report

Hi all,

Sorry for being tight on time.
I prepared the Incubator Podling Report for this month.

correct, I’m no moderator.

@All: Please check if you agree with my details and statements, then I’ll go
and submit the report.

Julian

------------------

Edgent

  Apache Edgent is a programming SDK and micro-kernel style runtime
  that can be embedded in gateways and small footprint edge devices enabling
  local, real-time, analytics on the continuous streams of data coming
  from equipment, vehicles, systems, appliances, devices and sensors of
  all kinds (for example, Raspberry Pis or smart phones). Working in
  conjunction with centralized analytic systems, Apache Edgent provides
  efficient and timely analytics across the whole IoT ecosystem: from the
  center to the edge.

Edgent has been incubating since 2016-02-29.

  1.  Re-creating a working community
  2.  Re-populating the PPMC
  3.  Replenishing the group of mentors

aware of?

  For the past months, there has been very few activity in the project
  There have been a hand full of Emails from external peoples in the
  last 3 months but the activity in the project has been solely by me (Julian)
and Christofer Dutz
  writing emails without getting any form of response from the rest of the
  committers, PPMCs or mentors

  The main problem we have is that the only active people in the project came in
  Late and are not that firm with the codebase. Currently, we
  have a codebase for which we have a detailed understanding of the build,
  but almost none of the code itself. Furthermore, there has been a lot of
activity
  in other projects and generally edge processing has developed further in the
recent years.
  Thus, there is some discussion going on about the core or the aim of the
project to keep its
  Significance and uniqueness.

 *   Total, we have 82 subscribers to our mailing list, an increase of 5
      since the last report.
  *   There has been one questions asked by users and little
      discussions about these issues on the list
  *   Julian Feinauer has joined the PPMC on 2018-11-29
  *   On April, 4th, Julian Feinauer will Talk about Edgent on the building iot
2019

  *   According to JIRA, 0 new issue were added and none were resolved in
      the last 90 days
  *   The repositories were migrated to gitbox
  *   2 commits were made in the last 90 days.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

  After the withdrawal of most of the active committers and PPCM members
  currently a new committer, PPMC and mentor-base has to be built.
  Currently we (Christofer and Julian) try to re-gain the focus of edgent to
  Start to rebuild the community and resume development.

  [ ] Initial setup
  [ ] Working towards first release
  [X] Community building
  [ ] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

  2017-12-14  Apache Edgent 1.2.0

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  In August 2017, we added Christofer Dutz as a new committer
  and PPMC member.
  In November 2018, we added Julian Feinauer as a new committer
  and PPMC member.

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
that need to be addressed.

  I just double checked, but it seems our mentors are not existent
  there had been one or two issues where feedback was explicitly
  asked for, but both the PPMC as well as all mentors remained silent.
  Except Justin mentioning the absence of mentors.