I think that sounds reasonable, this is a good use case for importing/exporting the same package...

As Clement noted, you could use the same approach for the log service if you prefer to have a consistent approach, since I imagine the bloat is negligible.

Either way, I am fine with it.

-> richard

Felix Meschberger wrote:
Hi Richard,

In Felix-277 you propose to "privatize" the ServiceTracker and make the
LogService package a dynamic dependency. I think, this is a good idea and
will, as noted in the issue, implement this.

While doing this, there is another Compendium Service dependency in the scr: Configuration Admin Service. This is a more complicated dependency because
scr does not only call into the ConfigurationAdmin service but also
registers a ManagedServiceFactory for factory components. So, if the OSGi cm
packages are not available, factory components will not work (and
configuration retrieval by other components may fail).

What do you think of having scr export and re-import the OSGi cm package ? This way, the framework would select the cm package to which other bundles get wired and scr will have the OSGi cm packages regardless of whether a CM
implementation exporting it is available.

Thanks for any feedback also from the community.

Regards
Felix