Niclas,
the api supports configuring the magic completion behavior - so it isn't magic.
 Looks like the native benefit is just to get better buffering of the incoming
stream (this is why System.in by default is pretty ugly)

Having a pure java solution couldn't be too hard (just think of java5/6) but
actually haven't been done yet. :-(

What currently blocks me from testing jline is the fact that it does not work
on my current corporate machine based running winXP.
Anyone got that ? (there is a bug at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1671224&group_id=64033&atid=506056)

Toni

-------- Original-Nachricht --------