Hi Stefano,

Finally got to the heart of the problem and filed it. I've opened a case in
Jira witht the details.

Thanks

Bruce

On 30/06/2008 13:47, "Stefano Lenzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jackson, Bruce wrote:
> Hi Stefano
>
> I'll post the XML on Monday, but in answer to your question:
>
> Looking at the code the id should never be empty, because the function
> is called as follow:
>         String localId = new
> StringBuffer(id).append("/device/").append(i).toString();
>          buildDevice(localId,devUPnP,aux[0]);
> and as you can see the localId can't be an empty String.
>
> ... The point that I was making was that if you follow this function back:
>
> public static Device createCyberLinkDevice(ServiceReference sr)
>     private static Device buildRootDeviceNode(Node root,ServiceReference sr)
>         addDevices("",devUPnP,sr);
>
> You find that the empty string is passed in whenever a new root device is
> created. Is this correct?

Yes, it is

> This means that every device will have a localId  starting /device/

Yes it's true but it will happen only for the embeeded device not for
the root device, because it is constructed without invoking the method
buildDevice(...) in fact the description URL of the root device has the
following format "http://"; + <hostname> + ":" + <portnumber> "/gen-desc.xml"