+1

Sounds good to me.

-> richard

Felix Meschberger wrote:
Hi all,

The OSGi spec defines Bundle-DocURL header to be an URL pointing to the
bundle's documentation. Currently only few of our bundles really use
that header and those who use it sometimes contain outdated URLs.

To remedy this situation, I suggest we set the Bundle-DocURL header to
http://felix.apache.org/bundledoc/${symbolicname}. On the site we create
the bundledoc folder and inside that folder we create a .htaccess file
which contains mod_rewrite rules to map to the respective actual
documentation.

Example: The Bundle Repository bundle org.apache.felix.bundlerepository
would have the header

  Bundle-DocURL:
http://felix.apache.org/bundledoc/org.apache.felix.bundlerepository

(line break by the mailer)

the bundle/.htaccess would then rewrite the URL to

   http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-osgi-bundle-repository.html

In addition the .htaccess would probably contain a default (catch-all)
rewrite pointing to some other page indicating that the concrete bundle
does not have documentation or something similar.

The global configuration of this property would be done in the
pluginManagement section of the parent pom (trunk/pom/pom.xml). This
could also be used to globally set the Bundle-Vendor, Bundle-Copyright,
etc. headers.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix