Great!

I'm not sure why it the original code doesn't work correctly with Windows Media
Player, as it seems to work fine with other sources such as Azureus or Orb.
However, the URLConnection method works with all of these.

Thanks

Bruce

On 15/01/2009 19:50, "Stefano Lenzi" <kis...@interfree.it> wrote:

Hi Bruce,

Jackson, Bruce wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Using the felix UPnP base driver, I'm unable to retrieve icons for Windows
> Media Player UPnP content sources.
>
> I've followed the code through, and I come to the class:
>
> org.apache.felix.upnp.basedriver.importer.util.HTTPRequestForIcon
>
> ...which is where the trouble is.
>
> This class contains a method:
>
> public InputStream getInputStream()
>
> ... Which starts with the comment:
>
> //TODO we should speak about that
>
> ... Never a good sign :-) ! I'm trying to understand why the code manually
> constructs the HTTP request and does everything at the socket level, rather
> than simply:
>
> URLConnection conn = url.openConnection();
> return conn.getInputStream();
>
> I've changed this in my local copy of the base driver, and tested it, and it
> works fine. So, either this is a bit of old code that should be fixed, OR
> there is a good reason to not use the JDK URLConnection class that somebody
> might be aware of.

There is no real reason to do not use URLConnection, and if add a JIRA
issue with the patch we will fix it :)

> If its the latter, please let me know, and I'll see how to fix it so that it
> will work with Windows Media Player.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bruce

Ciao,