Cross posting a vote to three mailing lists? This doesn't seem like a good idea.

-> richard

Stuart McCulloch wrote:
Hi folks,

I'd like to start a vote for the 2.0.0 release of the maven-bundle-plugin.
This release primarily contains a major update of the Bnd tool, which
now requires you to build with a Java5 JDK. It also contains a number
of improvements requested by the community to improve usability.

[ note you can still compile for earlier JVMs by using the appropriate
  source and target levels in the maven-compiler-plugin configuration ]

Release 2.0.0 of the maven-bundle-plugin fixes the following issues:

 FELIX-807,FELIX-782,FELIX-660,FELIX-549,FELIX-546,FELIX-545,
FELIX-831,FELIX-677
         All fixed by updating to use the latest version of the Bnd
Tool (0.0.311)

 FELIX-941: store the generated default symbolicname in
$(maven-symbolicname) property
 FELIX-912: set default Export-Package based on local source files
 FELIX-684: support filters in excludeDependencies, such as *;scope=runtime
 FELIX-806: pickup <archive> settings and enable support of
addMavenDescriptor setting
 FELIX-850: local fix for MSHARED-86 (should use isFile instead of exists)
 FELIX-899: widen dependency resolution and pass everything except
test dependencies onto BND
 FELIX-760: commit latest bindex code (based on r95 from the OSGi
subversion repository)
 FELIX-699: set analyzer base before loading properties in manifest goal
         [ plus additional debug to help with problem determination ]

I've built and signed the release candidate and made it available here:

http://people.apache.org/~mcculls/releases/felix/maven-bundle-plugin/2.0.0/org/apache/felix/maven-bundle-plugin/2.0.0/

You can also find the KEYS for verifying the signature in this directory.
To use the staging area as a plugin repository, add this to your POM:

  <pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
      <id>bundleplugin.staging</id>

<url>http://people.apache.org/~mcculls/releases/felix/maven-bundle-plugin/2.0.0</url>
    </pluginRepository>
  </pluginRepositories>

Please check this release and cast your votes - the vote will be open
until Wednesday 4th March to give people time to test the new plugin
(and also because I'm starting this vote on a Friday).

  [ ] +1 Yes, release it now
  [ ] -1 No, don't release now (please provide specific comments)

--
Cheers, Stuart