On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Sahoo<sa...@sun.com> wrote:
> Filippo,
>
> For some reason, I am not able to connect to JIRA, so I am sending this
> email. To reproduce the issue, please do the following:
> instead of updating from the shell, touch
> /opt/myprojects/felix-1.8.0/load/org.apache.felix.fileinstall-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> which will cause fileinstall to update itself and you shall see the
> exception.

Yes, I guess we came to the same conclusion (thanks also to Richard
clarification), and your use case is similar to the one I tried.
If FileInstall updates itself, it cannot immediately after try to
retrieve and use the log service.

I can try to add a fix checking if FileInstall is updating itself, and
avoiding the subsequent log call in that case.

--
Filippo Diotalevi