I've applied the FELIX-1471 patch to Karaf and get an exception when using
assignment with grouping:

ka...@root> x = (echo a; echo b)
org.osgi.framework.InvalidSyntaxException: expected value|substring
        at org.apache.felix.framework.FilterImpl.<init>(FilterImpl.java:81)

In RFC132 parens () were used to create an LDAP filter - it looks like it's
still trying to do that in an assignment.

Using $() works OK:

ka...@root> x = $(echo a; echo b)

But if () are supposed to be used for grouping, then I shouldn't need to use
$()?

Is the FELIX-1325 patch dependent on the FELIX-1471 patch?

I also noticed that shell:echo doesn't print a space between its last two
arguments:

ka...@root> shell:echo 1 2 3 4 5
1 2 3 45

Derek