On 4/23/10 16:05, Pierre De Rop wrote:
Hello Richard,

Recently, we discovered a performance issue during the start up of our
application server (we are using the recent 2.0.5 felix version).
So, after investigating, I found that so far, we were uselessly starting the
org.osgi.core.jar bundle.
Indeed, the framework already exports the packages that are exported by
org.osgi.core (except security packages).
So, after removing the org.osgi.core bundle, it turned out that the start up
performance issue just disappeared.

Now, looking at your mail, I gave a try to the latest felix from trunk + the
org.osgi.core.jar bundle, as before.
And the good news is that I don't have the start up performance problem
anymore (with the org.osgi.core bundle).
however, now, I have this warning:

RE: org.apache.felix.framework.resolver.ResolveException: Constraint
violation for package 'javax.xml.bind' when resolving module 201.0 between
existing imported constraint 0.javax.xml.bind BLAMED ON [[201.0] package;
(&(package=javax.xml.bind)(bundle-symbolic-name=system.bundle))] and uses
constraint 22.0.javax.xml.bind BLAMED ON [[201.0] package; (package=
com.alcatel_lucent.as.geored.site.info), [203.0] package;
(package=javax.xml.bind)]

So, I am now trying to investigate, in order to check if the new felix-trunk
has found an error from our side, which we did not notice so far ...

But can you please explain me what this warning means ?
Is it a DEBUG message ? or a WARN message ?

If your bundles appear to be resolved correctly when doing "ps", then everything is probably ok.

The resolver still needs some cleaning up. Right now for debug purposes I am reporting intermediate resolve exceptions (e.g., such as when I encounter a constraint violation). It is not clear if I should log these at all, so I will have to think about that in the final code, but for now you will see them. I understand it is a little confusing since it may look like your bundle didn't resolve successfully, but as long as its state is RESOLVED or ACTIVE, then the error log was just an intermediate result.

So, hopefully the result is correct and it is not taking it a long time to calculate it. :-)

-> richard

thanks;
/pierre