Richard-
Perhaps this is supposed to be obvious, but I think it would be helpful to
define the term "uses" with respect to the DEPENDENCIES file. IIUC, it
includes dependencies (in any scope) as well as software executed as part of
the build (i.e. Maven Plugins), but the inclusion of the latter may not be
intuitive.

Justin