What if you change the semantic of a function call without changing the
signature ?
I guess that's an incompatible change in theory, though still binary
compatible. So we can't limit to binary compatibility for versioning imho,
which mean there is some semantic involved.

If you expect the user to take an action when upgrading, it means there is a
(somewhat) incompatible change imho.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet