Git is as distributed as it can be. If github does not work, any other
reachable ssh server can server as a remote repo even without requiring
extra (server) software.
Also, there are other git (free for oss) hosters. For distributed work with
non free internet connection (like you in China) there is no better thing
than a distributed version control system. is it?

just my 2cts.

--
Toni Menzel Source <http://tonimenzel.com>