Hello Xander,

On Dec 13, 2011, at 10:29 AM, Xander Uiterlinden wrote:

> Currently we're using the dependency manager in our project. A feature we
> extensively use is the resource adapter.
> The resource adapter service gets access to a resource through the
> abstraction of a URL. This is a nice abstraction
> but raises challenges whenever an implementation requires more properties
> of the resource, e.g. the last modification date
> or the encoding.
>
> At the moment we're working our way around it by creating implementing a
> custom URLHandler.
>
> It would be nicer if the resource adapter could be provided with a set of
> optional properties. My suggestion would
> be to extend the added(URL resource) method of the ResourceHandler with an
> additional argument holding a
> untyped set of properties. When provided these will be injected into the
> resource adapter implementation.

Interesting thought. I guess you could compare these properties to the ones you
can specify when you register a service. Thinking along, you could also use
these to provide a more precise filter condition for the ResourceHandlers you
register.

I can see how this could speed things up.

Greetings, Marcel