+1

I only see my solution as transitory as long as the OSGi alliance does not release a compatible lib. For karaf internally it is definately better to have a spec module than to include the spec in another module that contains
impl classes and has additional dependencies.

Btw. I already commited a first version and would be happy about feedback.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/trunk/osgicore/

I also switched the instance.core to this module instead of karaf.main. The resulting jar seems to have the same Import-Package statements as before so it seems to work well.

Christian