On 7/18/12 06:36 , Jan Willem Janssen wrote:

Hi list,

I've written a UserAdmin implementation that I'd like to donate to the
Felix project, see [1].

One of the main reasons for writing another implementation is that all
current implementations seems to have serious performance issues and
the lack of a proper test suite.

As I've also written in the JIRA issue, I'm willing to maintain this
implementation in the future if needed.

Sounds good.

One question I've got about this donation: does it need to include a
Software Grant document as well? I'm already an Apache committer for
the ACE project, so I'm not entirely sure it is necessary?!

Ultimately, it needs to be voted on and accepted by the community before you need to worry about a grant, but if it is accepted, then it will need a grant.

See this document for the steps:

    http://felix.apache.org/site/contributing-source-code.html

-> richard

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3600

- -- Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is:/

Luminis Technologies B.V.