On 27/02/13 22:26, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
Hi folks,

Now that we've got a 2.x version of bndlib in Maven Central
(http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Cbiz.aQute%7Cbndlib%7C2.0.0.20130123-133441%7Cjar
 - same level as shipped in bndtools 2) I'm looking to sort out a new release
of the maven-bundle-plugin, once I've gone through and triaged the pending
issues in JIRA.

I also figure that now might be the best time to "fix" the plugin name according to Maven
guidelines: http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-plugin-documentation.html - apparently the name
"maven-NNN-plugin" is supposed to be reserved for plugins hosted by Apache Maven, while plugins
hosted elsewhere should use names like "NNN-maven-plugin".

So along with the upgrade to bndlib 2.x, I'm proposing to change the plugin
name to:

        bnd-maven-plugin

which both respects the Maven plugin naming convention, and recognises the bnd
code which is actually doing most of the work.

WDYT?

+1 !

--
Ferry Huberts