Bndtools 2.1 Released

Bndtools: The easy, powerful and productive way to develop with OSGi.
Based on bnd and Eclipse.

We just released version 2.1. We're very proud of it and are convinced
that it will make your life as an OSGi developer much easier. Easier
than any other tool around.

All together we believe that Bndtools is now the foremost tool for
developing OSGi applications, and continues our mission to make OSGi
development easier and more productive than traditional Java development.

We've been tuning our development flow so that we can do releases on a
shorter schedule and it seems to be working: it's been 11 weeks since
the release of 2.0.

This new version has many improvements that - not only - make it faster
again, but also expand the functionality to offer a more complete
experience. We've focused on bug fixes with an increased attention to
details and also added some new functionality.

A brief overview of some noteworthy changes:
* You can now specify command line arguments on the Run tab, which
enables running/debugging in Eclipse with exactly the same arguments as
in the bug report that one of your users just reported :-). For more
details, see https://github.com/bndtools/bndtools/wiki/Program-Arguments.
* Bndtools will now (by default) generate .gitignore files when you
create new Bndtools projects so that you don't commit derived files.
This can be switched of in the Bndtools preferences panel.
* The JAR viewer now by default opens the manifest file and also
remembers the selected file so that when the JAR is updated, it will
reload the JAR and select that file again.
* Bndtools now (finally) fully supports paths containing whitespace.
This was a long standing bug that affected launching from Bndtools. See
also the notes below.
* A compiler error is now generated on incorrect usage of the @Reference
annotation. An example: you have a setter (e.g. add) for a dynamic
dependency, but no unsetter (e.g. remove).
* We again improved the build speed.

Of course there are many more gems in the changes. A full list of
changes can be found on our wiki:
https://github.com/bndtools/bndtools/wiki/Changes-in-2.1.0.

Important Notes:
* We're deprecating running from *.bnd files, which is why we're no
longer showing the 'Run Requirement/Resolve' panel on the Run tab. Users
are strongly advised to migrate their run settings into *.bndrun files.
Expect the Run tab to be removed completely for *.bnd files in a future
release.
* Existing workspaces should update their
cnf/buildrepo/biz.aQute.launcher to version 1.0.6 to fix issues with
paths containing whitespace. Download it here
https://bndtools.ci.cloudbees.com/job/bnd.master/72/artifact/dist/bundles/biz.aQute.launcher/biz.aQute.launcher-1.0.6.jar,
or generate a new cnf project by removing the existing one.

Installation:
You can install Bndtools into Eclipse through the marketplace or use our
Eclipse update site, see http://bndtools.org/installation.html for
further instructions.

For those of you that want to live on the (bleeding) edge, our latest
stable build lives here:
https://bndtools.ci.cloudbees.com/job/bndtools.master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bndtools.build/generated/p2/

As usual, please report any issues you find on our Github bug tracker:
https://github.com/bndtools/bndtools/issues

--
Ferry Huberts