+1

I wonder, whether a parent project is really needed for a single project making
use of that parent ? In any case, the parent project will probably only be
pushed to the Maven repo but not to .../dist, right ?
Right, the parent is there only because of my "sample" subproject containing my test cases and playground.. which should not be released.

so as such it may seem awkward, but at some point I may also split the "diagnostics engine" (calculating the dependencies) from the graphical representation (the webconsole plugin) or the shell interface. So if the parent doesn't bother too much I'd rather keep it.

Thanks for the vote :)

/arjun

Regards
Felix