Hi,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM, David Bosschaert
<david.bosscha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right - it makes sense to be able to deploy snapshots to the snapshot
> repo for the reason you outline or when people want to integrate
> SNAPSHOT components before a release, but I guess that doesn't mean it
> needs to be part of the release *process*....

In theory I agree but in practice doing it just before the release is
the last time when you can do it very easily, and publishing the last
snapshot before the release is useful.

So maybe leave it in the release process description but just as a
hint that it's a good time to publish the last snapshots.

(I'm not a committer here, so just my 2 cents)

-Bertrand