I'm pretty strongly -1 on the default binary artifact including the sources.
So far felix follows maven conventions more or less and this is definitely
against maven conventions.

On the other hand I'm cautiously +0.5 on building an additional artifact that
is the binary jar + sources.

I really would think that rather than fighting maven it might be more advisable
to teach bndtools about maven standards so that it can find the sources jar
automatically given a binary jar.  This would fix the problem for any bundle
built with maven, not just felix bundles.

thanks
david jencks