Hi

The question really is whether the _internal_ upgrade of the Jetty bundle to
Jetty 9 really is a major change for the Http Service functionality ?

Backwards compatibility is not expected to be hampered. The only difference,
apart from the new features offered potentially by Jetty 9, such as
javax.websockets API support, is that the bundle now requires Java 7. And I am
not really sure, whether an updated requirement really warrants going to the
next major version.

I know dropping Java 6 support is a problem in some cases, but hey, the world
keeps on spinning :-)

If possible, I'd rather create two artifacts from the same project, if at all
possible: One embedding Jetty 8 (supporting Java 6) and one embedding Jetty 9
(requiring Java 7).

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix