I just committed the benchmark tool in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/felix/sandbox/pderop/loadtest/, if you can
take a look.

To run the scenario:

- install jdk8:

[nxuser@nx0012 pderop]$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_40"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.40-b25, mixed mode)

- checkout the loadtest from
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/felix/sandbox/pderop/loadtest/

- go the the "loadtest" directory and start the test, just like this:

$ java -server -jar bin/felix.jar
Welcome to Apache Felix Gogo

g! Starting benchmarks (each tested bundle will add/remove 630 components
during bundle activation).

        [Starting benchmarks with no processing done in components start
methods]

Benchmarking bundle:
org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.benchmark.dependencymanager
-> results in nanos: [139,129,744 | 143,957,687 | 152,157,581 | 319,631,722
| 919,838,078]

Benchmarking bundle:
org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.benchmark.dependencymanager.parallel .

Here, the first
"org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.benchmark.dependencymanager" test
(single-threaded) passes OK. But the next one hangs
(org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.benchmark.dependencymanager.parallel).
it uses a fork join pool with size=4.

and when typing "log warn", we see:

"log warn"

2015.05.14 13:56:10 ERROR - Bundle:
org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.benchmark.dependencymanager.parallel -
[ForkJoinPool-1-worker-3] Error processing tasks -
        at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(HashMap.java:1429)
        at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:1453)
        at java.util.AbstractCollection.addAll(AbstractCollection.java:343)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.capabilityset.CapabilitySet.match(CapabilitySet.java:245)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.capabilityset.CapabilitySet.match(CapabilitySet.java:212)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.capabilityset.CapabilitySet.match(CapabilitySet.java:189)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.ServiceRegistry.getServiceReferences(ServiceRegistry.java:269)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.getServiceReferences(Felix.java:3577)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.getAllowedServiceReferences(Felix.java:3655)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.getServiceReferences(BundleContextImpl.java:434)
        at
org.apache.felix.dm.tracker.ServiceTracker.getInitialReferences(ServiceTracker.java:422)
        at
org.apache.felix.dm.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:375)
        at
org.apache.felix.dm.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:319)
        at
org.apache.felix.dm.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:295)
        at
org.apache.felix.dm.impl.ServiceDependencyImpl.start(ServiceDependencyImpl.java:226)
        at
org.apache.felix.dm.impl.ComponentImpl.startDependencies(ComponentImpl.java:657)
        at
org.apache.felix.dm.impl.ComponentImpl.performTransition(ComponentImpl.java:535)
        at
org.apache.felix.dm.impl.ComponentImpl.handleChange(ComponentImpl.java:492)
        at
org.apache.felix.dm.impl.ComponentImpl.access$5(ComponentImpl.java:482)
        at
org.apache.felix.dm.impl.ComponentImpl$3.run(ComponentImpl.java:227)
        at
org.apache.felix.dm.impl.DispatchExecutor.runTask(DispatchExecutor.java:182)
        at
org.apache.felix.dm.impl.DispatchExecutor.run(DispatchExecutor.java:165)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask$RunnableExecuteAction.exec(ForkJoinTask.java:1402)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:289)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1056)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1689)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:157)

(I will investigate also in my code to check if the problem does not come
from me ?)

cheers;
/Pierre