> Unless I have misunderstood you, that sounds like two places from which the
> type is loaded: the lib folder of the web application (i.e. the application
> classpath
> on which the OSGi Framework), and a bundle. That’s almost certainly the source
> of the conflict.

Yes, you are right. The Class is loaded from within two classloaders. One is
the weblogic WebApp classloader, the other one is the one from Felix. However,
it's the same class file which is being loaded. There do not exsit multiple
version of the same class file in different jars on the classpath.
So if I understood you correctly - it does not matter if the class file is the
same, the fact that the class is loaded in two different classloader alone is
enough to create the LinkageError? So the only solution would be to use
standard java types  for passing params to the API instead?

> If you are in a bundle you can always get your own BundleContext — you do not
> need it to be supplied by JNDI.

Agreed, but the goal is not to be within a bundle, we want to access the osgi
services outside from osgi in a j2ee web application, where we do not have an
own BundleContext. But maybe I'm just no deep enough into osgi to understand
this properly yet.

> I don’t think that’s true. Declarative Services is just a bundle, so you can
> add it to
> any OSGi application. Weblogic doesn’t need to support it, or even know
> anything about it.

We do not want to be in another bundle. We want to access the osgi application
from the outside. But so far it seems to me that this is something which is not
very common to do using regular osgi services but most likely using some
webservie/Rest or the like instead.
This message may contain legally privileged or confidential information and is
therefore addressed to the named persons only. The recipient should inform the
sender and delete this message, if he/she is not named as addressee. The sender
disclaims any and all liability for the integrity and punctuality of this
message. The sender has activated an automatic virus scanning, but does not
guarantee the virus free transmission of this message.