Hey all,

I too have used a tool more than once to disable a component [1], most of the
time because built in components of a system you don't have under control are
doing unexpected behaviour (like throwing nullpointer exceptions / errors /
...) and we are not able to solve this unless by disabling the component (of
which we don't control the source code so we can't change the configuration).
You then have to get the library owners to fix it, which sometimes takes weeks
/ months to release a hotfix for it. What would be so bad about creating
something to manage this?

[1]
https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/osgi-disablers/component-disabler/index.html

<https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/osgi-disablers/component-disabler/index.html>