Hi,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:42 AM Christian Schneider
<ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> ...The sling community discussed to offer to move this project to felix. (
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d42c2064bf98d10b4f9b5d424384e2e83993e41613e643de944c7c35@%3Cdev.sling.apache.org%3E

Do you see a consensus or decision there?

I don't - I just see a vaguely converging discussion.

IMO on the Sling side we need a clear plan about moving and keeping
compatibility so that Sling users can use these new Felix Health
Checks.

If we don't have that we'll probably end up with two parallel projects
with fractured communities - no benefits compared to now, just
downsides.

Another important aspect is whether Sling committers can efficiently
help maintain that module if it moves to Felix - will Felix give write
access to Sling committers to that module? That has happened in the
past between related Apache projects (Cocoon and Forrest IIRC) and
might be a good idea here but that's a decision for the Felix PMC to
make. And the Sling PMC needs to take that into account before
considering a move, IMO.

I think the move is a great idea but I also think a transition plan
needs to be discussed on the Sling side before proceeding.

-Bertrand (Sling PMC member)