I just looked through hc core .. I first only looked into general checks
(confused the names in my first mail).

The usage of commons lang there is much broader. So I agree it can not be
removed easily.
So let`s keep it for now. We can still make this lighter later.

Christian

Am Do., 31. Jan. 2019 um 17:37 Uhr schrieb Georg Henzler <fe...@ghenzler.de
>:

> Hi Christian,
>
> the dependencies of bundle HC core [1] are
>
> * org.apache.felix.healthcheck.api
> * slf4j-api
> * javax.servlet-api
> * commons-lang
>
> I thought the same as you three weeks ago and had a try removing
> commons-lang, but then for the AEM use case it does not make sense at
> all since the servlet API and commons lang are both assigned to start
> level 5 (and that startlevel is reached within the first second of
> startup). For other use cases I think common-lang is such an omnipresent
> and small dependency that does not cause trouble.
>
> the maven dependencies commons-cli and org.apache.felix.utils of bundle
> HC general checks (which is optional in itself) do not introduce OSGi
> dependencies since they are using the Conditional-Package mechanism [2].
>
> -Georg
>
> [1]
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/felix/trunk/healthcheck/core/pom.xml?revision=1852326&view=markup
> [2]
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/felix/trunk/healthcheck/generalchecks/bnd.bnd?revision=1852182&view=markup#l11
>
> On 2019-01-31 17:14, Christian Schneider wrote:
> > Health checks core has a few dependencies that I think we should remove
> > before the release:
> >
> > - commons-lang
> >
> > Is used in quite a few places but just for very simple things. I think
> > we
> > can work without it.
> >
> > - commons-cli
> > - org.apache.felix.utils
> >
> > These are used in the HttpRequestsCheck. It would be difficult to
> > provide
> > the same check without them.
> > Because of these dependencies I would regard this check non core and
> > move
> > it to its own bundle.
> >
> > Christian
> >
> > --