Some questions from fixing these…

- Should the current core version be set as an attribute in  the playbook so it
is available on any page?  I put it in the apache-felix-framwork.adoc page as

:framework-version: R8

but perhaps this would be more useful in the playbook.

- I don’t know that we have current TCK compliance results for the framework or
anything else…. do we?  On the apache-felix-framework-faq.adoc I changed from
an outdated and broken link to R4.2 to simply saying “Yes” to “is it
compliant?”.  This might be a place to use the version attribute, e.g. “is the
framework R8 compliant?".

And a couple of comments/questions below…

Thanks!
David Jencks

> On Jul 21, 2021, at 2:39 PM, Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi David,
>
> thanks again for taking care of this. Looks very good overall. I
> noticed some minor issues namely,
>
> - In the top right corner (or the „hamburger“ menu in the mobile view)
> we have „Projects“ which I think should rather be „Subprojects“ to be
> consistent with the sidebar. That said, I’m not sure we need the
> „hamburger“ menu/the top right corner short links at all as they are
> in the sidebar anyways (but I don’t feel too strongly about it).
fixed
> - On the download page, the links for the framework distribution are
> not correct. They need to target the distribution artifacts (i.e.,
> org.apache.felix.main.distribution-7.0.0.tar.gz and
> org.apache.felix.main.distribution-7.0.0.zip)
I changed the (top) “framework distribution” section.  Is it correct for the
subprojects framework entry points to the framework jar and related
source-release artifacts?

> - The framework page
> (https://felix.staged.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-framework.html)
> has only a broken listing  „{% for label, page in children %}* link:{{
> page.path }}[{{ page.headers.title }}] {% endfor %}“
fixed

> - In the framework FAQ
> (/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-framework/apache-felix-framework-faq.html)
> there are some broken links.
fixed

> - The index page does say: „A list of javascript extracted news
> excerpts:“ but there are no excerpts. If that is hard todo right now,
> maybe we should just remove that notice?

If we put the list of releases in a .yml or json5 file that would be plausible,
but I don’t think it adds much value.  I removed the placeholder.
> - Ultimately, it would be very good to update the
> https://felix.staged.apache.org/documentation/development/site-how-to.html
> with the new way of working and update the bits about changing the
> side on releases as well here:
> https://felix.staged.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management-nexus.html#_update_the_site

Soon :-)