From: Sharan Foga <sha...@apache.org>
Date: Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 8:24 PM
Subject: Request for Participation in University of Cincinnati - Open
Source Survey
To: <d...@community.apache.org>

Hi Everyone

Please see below for a message from some researchers from the
University of Cincinnati who are running a survey on participation in
Open Source. The survey is open to all Apache contributors and
committers and the researchers have said they make a donation to the
ASF for completed responses up to a maximum of $1000.

Please feel free to circulate this message within your projects.

Thanks
Sharan

October 16, 2018

Dear Apache Software Foundation Contributors and Committers,

We are researchers at the University of Cincinnati. We want to
understand how a firm's participation in open source software (OSS)
development affects you and your job. Since you are significant
contributors to the OSS community, we invite you to participate in our
study by completing an online survey.

The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. In
appreciation of your time, $5 will be donated to Apache for each
completed survey response up to a total of $1,000. In addition, each
survey participant will be entered into a prize drawing. Two people
will be randomly selected—each person will receive a $250 Visa gift
card.

Your individual responses will be kept confidential and anonymous.
Your participation is voluntary. You may start and then change your
mind and exit the survey at any time. You can complete the survey any
time before November 10th.  We will send one reminder on October 21st
and one on November 8th.

Your inputs are extremely valuable to improving our understanding of
how OSS development impacts developers’ career experiences.

Please click the following link to start the survey.
http://cincinnati.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3h3D0bMEHrQ47xr

Thank you again for your time!

Sincerely,
Dr. Sherae Daniel, Dr. Jaime Windeler, and Dr. Liwei Chen
University of Cincinnati
Carl H. Lindner College of Business
Department of Operations, Business Analytics & Info Systems (OBAIS)
Room 618 Carl H. Lindner Hall
2925 Campus Green Dr.
Cincinnati, OH 45221
Sherae Daniel, Ph.D.
sherae.dan...@uc.edu
New OSS Research
London School of Economics Blog Post
http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/businessreview/2018/09/26/can-your-organisation-benefit-from-embracing-the-open-source-way/
Maruping, L., Daniel, S.L., Cataldo, M., Herbsleb, J. (2018)
“Developer Centrality and the Impact of Value Congruence and
Incongruence on Commitment and Code Contribution Activity in Open
Source Software Communities” Management Information Systems Quarterly
(Accepted).
Daniel, S.L., Maruping, L., Cataldo, M. (2018) “The Impact of Ideology
Fit on Companies and OSS Communities” Management Information Systems
Quarterly (Accepted).
Daniel, S.L., Midha, V., Bhattacherhjee, Singh, S. (2018) "Sourcing
Knowledge in open source software projects: The impacts of internal
and external social capital on project success" The Journal of
Strategic Information Systems (In Press).
https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1XhMS3RA8iSVl3