From: Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Reply to: Mifos software development <mifos-develo...@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Wednesday, 11 March 2020 at 09:01
To: Dev <dev@fineract.apache.org>, Mifos software development
<mifos-develo...@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Steve Conrad <scon...@digitalimpactalliance.org>, Avik Ganguly
<a...@fynarfin.io>, Niklas Uhrberg <niklas.uhrb...@resurs.se>, Farooq ProSys
<far...@productivesys.com>, Ankit Sharma <an...@muellners.com>, Maek Twain
<sara...@muellners.com>, Aseem Munshi <aseem.mun...@gmail.com>, Victor Manuel
Romero Rodriguez <victor.rom...@fintecheando.mx>, Sipos Tamás
<tamas.si...@dpc.hu>, Istvan Molnar <istvan.mol...@dpc.hu>, Jankovics Márta
<marta.jankov...@dpc.hu>
Subject: [Mifos-developer] Invitation to join Open Banking Working Group

Hi everyone,

As you know, as part of our grant from DIAL last year, the Mifos Initiative
completed a proof of concept implementation of the UK Open Banking API standard
on top of the WS02 API Gateway for Account Information and Payment Initiation
requests. These Open Banking APIs are to serve as the Open Banking API layer on
top of Fineract but also to replace the self-service APIs and provides secure
way for both trusted first party as well as third party apps to connect.

I wanted to convene a working group of experts across the community to help
advance those efforts as well as formulate a roadmap, explore different API
gateways, etc.

Some of the next steps we have at the moment are to map out current
self-service APIs to the UK Open Banking API standards so our suite of first
party apps like our mobile banking, mobile wallet, and online banking apps can
connect.

I'd also like to discuss creating comprehensive documentation as well as
launching a developer portal around these APIs.

I would like to use a Discourse group to house the discussion.

If you're interested in joining, could you please reply to this mail and also
create an account on our Discourse and I'll add you to the group.

Best wishes,

Ed

Here is some of the past discussion on the topic.

A couple recent threads on list that covered this topic and I linked to some of
the background where we aimed to use Open Banking API as the secure means of
connecting both trusted first party apps (i.e. mobile banking) as wells third
party apps to the back-end.

https://markmail.org/thread/pijv4kb5i5lmqx33

Here are the resources on Open Banking. I will share with you the lab
environment soon and the repositories where all the open banking configuration
is at.

Docs: https://mifos.gitbook.io/docs/

Mifos API Gateway Technical Overview:

 Mifos API Gateway Technical Overview

 Fineract API Gateway implementation - Handover ...

Webinar Demoing the POC built out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcP5U-hPwpY

or change settings at: