We don't have to be backwards compatible with upgrade to Spring Boot 2 and
Java 11.
We can just do the upgrade.
However we need to keep the system functional and for this we need to keep
our builds (travis-ci) passing.
For this we need to start with upgrading the micro service which doesn't
depend on any other micro service (this is fineract-cn-identity)
and the libraries it depends on (visible here:
https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-identity/blob/develop/shared.gradle#L22
 )

I have created branch spring_boot_2 to each of the micro service and to
each library.

So basically if you want to upgrade identity to Spring Boot 2 (+ Java 11)
you have to send PR here:
https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-identity/tree/spring_boot_2
And if you need to update any dependent libraries (anubis for example) you
need to get the PR approved to this branch:
https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-anubis/tree/spring_boot_2
this is built by travis-ci to a jar and fineract-cn-idneitty depends on
this jar.

Juhan

Kontakt Giorgio Zoppi (<giorgio.zo...@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval P, 22.
märts 2020 kell 14:10: