+1 yes.

This seems like a good idea, and I recommend we follow our standard lazy
consensus on this..

Having a standardized Unicode implementation will simplify and Utf8mb4
instead of a mix of utf8* is a no-brainer...

From
https://www.eversql.com/mysql-utf8-vs-utf8mb4-whats-the-difference-between-utf8-and-utf8mb4/

if you're using MySQL (or MariaDB or Percona Server) make sure you know
your encodings. I would recommend anyone to set the MySQL encoding to
utf8mb4. Never use utf8 in MySQL, there is no good reason to do that
(unless you like tracing encoding related bugs).