... please see my post earlier on the mailing list... working on it. This
problem was creeping up for quite some time... I suspect that it's also
responsible for some of the wonky test failures that happen - without
explanation - here and there.

I'm trying to fix this for good and "convince" the build to use more
caching. We are doing some explicit task deps in a couple of places that
probably have been useful with earlier Gradle releases, but don't help now.

I'll inform everyone when I have a solution.

Aleks