Hi Adam -

I've noted that there are 16 Pull Requests on this one ticket.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-1734

First, THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK!

Also, Alexsander is planning on releasing these improvements as part of
1.9.  It will be a very important improvement for Fineract.

If I am following this, the idea is to generate an event during all sort of
actions that the system may take.  This stream of events can then be used
in "downstream systems" that consume the event information like change of
loan status, payment made, interest calculated, etc.  This, in turn helps
with a high performance system where querying the underlying DB introduces
a hit on performance and also - vitally - provides an audit trail.

The current ticket just says:

Concept of business events can be widened to almost any sort of event
happening to the application. Demand of more detailed information (related
to the given event) has been validated...

If you can, please comment on my above explanation and provide a bit more
detail.

I agree that the "code should speak for itself" but we should have some
more context either in the listserv or the tickets.  If you have referenced
other tickets then those should be linked to this one so that we can follow
this a bit better.   If my explanation is sufficient and accurate, we can
let it stand.

Thanks,