Hi Patrick,

Adding to the previous answer

Waiving of penalty charges can be done only for the penalties that are
posted on the loan account that has not yet been paid.

I have created an example for you to test the scenarios here:-
https://demo.mifos.community/#/clients/1/loans-accounts/16 (mifos/password)

You call also get the API and other details from the same instance.

Regards,
Bharath
Lead Implementation Analyst | Mifos Initiative
Skype: live:cbharath4| Mobile: +91.7019635592
http://mifos.org  <http://facebook.com/mifos>
<http://www.twitter.com/mifos>