Hi Nazeer,

Good to hear from you and happy to see this feature being worked on.
 Has a Fineract JIRA been created yet for the same? it will be helpful if
you could share the JIRA ticket with the flushed-out functional and
implementation details.
Curious to know more about what type of product configurations this would
be allowed and not allowed. as it would become more complex with daily
interest calculations and recalculations enabled.

Here are my 2 cents on the accounting entry for the same

1. Cash-based
For this, we can directly post the entry to income from interest GL Account

2. Accrual (Upfront)
For this type
We need to have a receivable account credited first and then would be moved
to the Income GL account when the payment comes in

3. Accrual (periodic)
Since on the business side, the Income amount is being collected upfront I
do not think it is correct to have interest accruals at the installment or
at a periodic cut-off.
but the system should accrue if any fees or penalties are introduced in the
middle of the loan term.

Anyone with experience in upfront interest loan products with accrual-based
accounting, feel free to correct me and share your thoughts on the same.

Regards,
Bharath
Lead Implementation Analyst | Mifos Initiative
Skype: live:cbharath4| Mobile: +91.7019635592
http://mifos.org  <http://facebook.com/mifos>
<http://www.twitter.com/mifos>