Hi all,

As many of you are aware, we're on the cusp of aspiring interns soon to be
submitting their applications for programs like Google Summer of Code.
Mifos Initiative has been selected as a mentoring org and will be guiding
the process to select and mentor interns across a range of projects
including the back-end as well as integrations and new modules, Mifos X web
and mobile apps for customers and staff, projects related to Payment Hub
EE, AI projects as part of our AI for All strategy and lastly projects
related to Digital Public Goods and supporting use cases like G2P Payments.

As is tradition, we're conducting an Ask Me Anything (AMA) session
this *Thursday
March 7 at 1500GMT via Zoom Webinar.* Prospective applicants should come
prepared with any questions that they have. Mentors should join to be able
to share their perspectives and respond to questions as they come in.

at
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/4217090642705/WN_aSwYxKEASxSvaZNE84jWAg
<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/4217090642705/WN_aSwYxKEASxSvaZNE84jWAg>*

You can view our current list of ideas which are still being refined at
https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/spaces/RES/pages/3532095546/Google+Summer+of+Code+2024+Ideas

Also check out the Mifos blog for a glimpse into our areas of focus this
year and what we are seeking from our interns -
https://mifos.org/blog/google-summer-of-code-2024/

This process guided by Mifos is separate from Apache Software Foundation as
an umbrella mentoring org.

Mifos will also be participating in Code for GovTech this year and have a
number of projects related specifically to digital public goods and digital
public infrastructure that we're targeting through that program. It's very
similar in structure and timeframes to GSOC. Learn more at
https://www.codeforgovtech.in/c4gt-2024

If you haven't already expressed an interest in being a mentor, you can do
so by filling this form out at https://forms.gle/NN5BvbABTykNkbCf8

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative