Alberto - I think you are "burying the lead".   There is a new API that
will do pagination, which seems like a good idea for longer tenure loans
with many repayments and also especially for the performance reasons you
mentioned.  Now, you're asking for the value of Number of Transactions to
return as a preference.

But, why would this not be a value to be set in configuration?  And, how
will this relate to the user interface (mifos web app) - would the web app
show the number of pages?

In terms of feedback, I think you should consider 10-15 as the starting
point for the number of transactions to return.  But, let's see if anyone
has a strong opinion.

thanks,