Markus,

Assume you want you bring over the commit history with it also.

There is a question about what branches you want to bring over? do you want
to bring them all or just a few special ones.

- Best apporach is probably to clone the repository in full locally and
then push up to the new remote apache repository.

This writeup talks about doing all branches or specific ones depending on
what  you want to do:

https://developer.atlassian.com/blog/2016/01/totw-copying-a-full-git-repo/

Keith.