I could not convince myself with your third point.
Let me explain by taking a simple use case of slum dwellers in Mumbai.
In Mumbai there is one government scheme named as 'SRA' wherein slum
dwellers are given houses in building in exchange of their slums.
In between this exchange, there is a time slot of 4-5 years wherein slum
dwellers have address proof of their slums( which is not in existence now)
and are currently living in temporary accommodation( whose address proof)
they don't have.
Only in such cases it makes sense to store two addresses( permanent and
current). In rest of the cases, we would rather go with permanent address,
instead of storing two same address.
So is there still a need of storing a boolean value.Let me know your view
on this.

Regards,
Nikhil