Von: Joshua Poore <poor...@apache.org>
Datum: Montag, 23. Oktober 2023 um 00:42
An: dev@flagon.apache.org <dev@flagon.apache.org>, Christofer Dutz
<christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Cc: bo...@apache.org <bo...@apache.org>
Betreff: Re: Roll-Call for Apache Flagon
Hi Chris—

Sorry for the short response yesterday, just want to clarify things a bit:

I just want to make sure the board understands that the VOTE in question wasn’t
derelict over lack of PMC/community attention. Rather, the release managers are
new to the process and didn’t annotate the VOTE subject with the RC # (although
the details of each VOTE were compliant). I’ve been working to make sure that
we have a viable Apache release and walk them through the process, however,
they missed a comment I made about list etiquette in releases. The confusion
emerges from the fact that the release manager spun new release candidates
before the VOTE thread closes and initiated new VOTEs on the same thread—I
don’t think I realized that these were being concatenated on the same thread
until I looked at it on Pony mail. I think you’ll find in the final RC VOTE,
our community participation was solid and we ended up with 5 VOTEs (w/ +3
Binding VOTES), and net participation of 6 community members.

I’ve noted that the release managers should try and fork the various threads
(you can also note that in some of the comments I made in the second RC VOTE),
and capture resolutions with each different RC so we have a clean thread for
each distinct VOTE. I have been working with them to train them up in the
Apache process—that we have new PMC and committers participating in the release
process is a great sign of community growth. Initial releases for new products
are especially challenging, so the preponderance of comments have been
encouraging and focused on things like ensuring license headers, etc. We’ll get
the list cleaned on these VOTE threads. I hope this resolves any confusion.

Josh