Chris,

Thanks for your feedback.

While ES > 7.10 poses a problem, the ELK stack is not a 100% *mandatory*
part of Apache Flagon. Rather, our aim has been to provide the ELK stack
scripts as examples for how to stand up one possible back-end for UserALE
logs.

Per Category X: You may rely on them when they support an optional feature
<https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional>, is it possible to
retain the > 7.10 ELK stack examples so long as we clarify the *optional*
nature and also provide examples of other alternative back-ends?

Also, re: Jason's question -- Supposing the plugin does pose issues, would
it be possible to release it separately from Apache Flagon itself?

Best

Evan Jones
Website: www.ea-jones.com