Hi all,

I've recently had more bandwidth to contribute to Flagon. Recently, I
helped with the release of Flagon-Distill v0.1.0 and am leading up the
instrumentation team at ARLIS. My goal is for us to ramp up our
contribution to the Flagon suite.

After spending quite a bit of time thinking about Flagon, I've come to
believe the best way for Flagon to deliver truly differentiated value to
end users is to deliver on the original vision of all the sub-projects:

   - UserALE for instrumentation
   - Distill for analytics
   - STOUT as a UI for the analytics, metrics, and experiment
   - TAP (re-envisioned) as the infrastructure platform to connect all
   those pieces

By eventually building all these pieces, Flagon could be a very strong
open-source alternative to services like Google Analytics, LogRocket, and
others. I intend to socialize the above vision more in the future. For now
I digress since that's not the point of this email.

The point of this email is to share an RFC
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xxZDchgjLswbzWpVz0GcRlLqLCEygW_cTvcLhsombtk/edit?usp=sharing>
for *an overhaul I believe needs to happen as a precursor to achieving the
above vision*.

*Please share feedback, comments and concerns right on the google doc*.
I've also opened a GH issue <https://github.com/apache/flagon/issues/44> if
folks would like to contribute to the conversation there, though I prefer
to keep as much commentary within the document itself to simplify collation
later.

Many thanks!

Best

Evan Jones