For review, Q2 Flagon Quarterly report. I have a draft saved in Whimsey now,
and can make modifications based on issues, concerns. Let me know if I missed
anything.

DUE 4/10/2024

V/r

Josh

The mission of Apache Flagon is the creation and maintenance of software
related to thin-client behavioral logging capability useful for business
analytics, usage analytics, usability and user testing

## Project Status:
Current project status: Apache Flagon is a New TLP
Issues for the board: No issues at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache Flagon was founded 2023-03-21 (a year ago)
There are currently 18 committers and 11 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 3:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Jason Young on 2023-08-06.
- Evan Jones was added as committer on 2024-02-13

## Project Activity:
Contributions have been steady this quarter on both Flagon Distill and
UserALE.js projects. These have both kept code base consistent with security
and market expectations, as well as have added additional features to highly
marketable products (Distill). This quarter the community coordinated in the
release of UserALE.js 2.4.0; this release recently passed successful VOTE as
per ASF policies. Follow-on actions for distribution and announcement are
forthcoming.

Note as per comments from the last board report: the community provides
Elasticsearch backend examples to support community growth and product
adoption. However, these examples are not distributed as ASF releases, and are
couched as examples. A few committers are working on other examples that
utilize other ASF products such as Kafka and Beam.

## Community Health:
Community activity has been consistent and PMC has been involved in
discussions and VOTEs. 1 new committer was added this quarter.
There are current ongoing discussions with some committers who may
wish to transition to PMC role. Newer committers have also done a
great job introducing the project to new potential contributors.
We expect to see new committers and PMC in the next quarter.