Pros :- Actionscript and Flash are the same thing to the outside world, Flex
goes beyond Flash- Adobe will market AS as a language for games and video, not
officially for Flex enterprise apps, this is confusing and to be honest casts a
shadow over Flex which we cannot do anything about...
Cons :- AS is well known, a new language name needs time to be known in the
industry, will take more time to get Flex out on the job market- Yet another
language, never sits well, people will question why no existing language is
used (even if it's an AS dialect, in years they might both evolve differently)