I would prefer to donate the box and give the devs full control.

Let me know if you need anything installed.

Carlos

-----Original Message-----
From: omup...@gmail.com [mailto:omup...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Om
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:00 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Setting up a CI server for Mustella

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM, Carlos Cruz
<car...@nbtbizcapital.com>wrote:

> Hi EdB;
>
> Right now all my servers are linux CentOS 5.8. If you need windows I
> have some unused MS Win 2008 servers licenses I can install.
> please read my in line comments to your questions.
>
> Carlos
>
> What a generous offer, thank you! -> I have quite a bit invested in a
> Flex app so I'm very interested in Flex staying alive and well, since
> I'm still expanding the app.  I was actually thinking of asking the
> user community if there was any interested in using one of the servers
> to host some sort of Flex Application/Services Directory since many of
> these projects seem to be dying on the vine, but I've been a bit
> unsure about asking... so if I can help I'm glad.
>
> 2 questions:
> - would (one of) these machines be accessible by others - the current
> Jenkins admins - from the outside? -> I can provide you  with an IP
> from a pfSense firewall and you'll have full access to the server
> - would you be willing to do a test run of Mustella on "the best one"
> and see how well it does, before we set up the whole CI system? ->
> what would you need, can you be more specific?

 Carlos,

I think these would be the order of things to do:

1.  Build Flex from the command line (this ensures that you have all the
environment variables, pre-reqs, etc. in place) 2.  Run Mustella from the
command line (again, this ensures that the flash player security settings,
httpd server, etc. are in place) 3.  Install Jenkins 4.  Install Apache
Httpd server 6.  Set up a job on Jenkins to do a daily run of Mustella 7.
Set up email alerts for broken builds.

If you can do these steps, that would be great.  But if you prefer to just
donate the dev box, perhaps you could give me access for a remote desktop
connection and I can go in and set it up.

Thanks,
Om

P.S.: As a bonus, if would be great if we could create a minimal virtual
machine image that anyone could download and expand on their machines to get
Mustella running.  But this is for later.  Lets walk before we run.