Singletons and events work fine, but I usually prefer using a
microarchitecture... Let's say... I like the order feeling of using a top
level framework.

At this time I am finishing a simplified architecture (I call it Uriana)
based upon a resources and controller pattern which I think fits properly
with Mobile projects, though I've been testing it with desktop and web
projects too and It's working fine.

The idea is to separate software in two layers. Control, which manages
information transfering through the entire application and also handles the
business logic, and Resources Layer, which handles through Mediators all
data, services, views and components logic.

I started it because I didn't like too much the mediators/proxies approach
of pureMVC (I found many situations where I had doubts of where should I
place some logic) and because I found that framework not to be so developer
friendly. In some way it's close to PureMVC, but I find it quite more
simple and at least as powerful as the referenced one.

Using the Uriana Framework a project consists of 1 main controller which is
connected through framework events to a set of procedures and resource
Mediators and handles all communication issues.

The controller may also have a set of subcontrollers associated, each one
with it's own set of procedures and Mediators, which allows the developer
to choose the proper organization for their projects.

Controllers talk each other through a jerarquical process to transfer
framework events to all those procedures or Mediators which have declared
to be interested in catching them. (Framework Events extend the Event
class). So a procedure or a Mediator is expected to declare to it's
controller whith events it will raise and which events it is expecting to
catch, so communications are properly handled.

The framework structure is:

- Core library:            Controller, Procedures, FrameworkEvents and
Mediator definitions.

- Core Extensions:     Set of resource handlers (localization, filesystem,
logging, validators and so) and their Mediators. (They're for FLEX/AIR
projects and usable at mobile projects).

- services:                 It abstracts the access to http services and
offers Mediators and handlers to connect to an scalable Service Servlet
that I've also created and I find quite simpler than other alternatives).
At this time, I'm also considering adding Granite DS and Blaze support).

- templates:               Specifies a default structure for projects
(desktop, mobile and web).

- application:              Basic controllers, procedures and mediators to
handle Web and desktop rutinary tasks.

- mobile:                    Basic controllers, procedures and mediators to
handle mobile projects.

Core is the only library required to use the framework, though services,
application and mobile require the Core Extensions too.

I've structured it that way because it gives flexibility to the development
team to choose the libraries they want to use from the ones I'm providing
and allows to structure the software in layers which could be targetted
using any other library the team could like more than the ones I've created.

The truth is I was so happy doing that project, but current news about
FLEX, AS future have worried me so much and I keep thinking that maybe all
that work could not be of help or of interest to the community.

Perhaps it has been a complete waste of my time :(

I am still testing the framework at enterprise complex mobile, web and
desktop projects and it lacks from documentation, so I think I will wait to
have a first closed package (libraries and documentation) to release a
first version...

Of course if any of you finds the project interesting or are curious about
it, feel free to contact me :)

Kind Regards.
Carlos.