On 3/12/13 11:11 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <e...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> I still don't see what problem this fixes. And having to work with
> something thats sucks for weeks while you're knee deep into a
> release/contribution is causing problems that weren't there. And more
> importantly: I don't see what this does for the project that needed to
> be done so desperately that we couldn't get a couple of days advance
> warning so we could at least commit our outstanding changes and finish
> the release(s) that were in progress?

Erik, there is no question that the migration should have been delayed and
better coordinated/communicated.  Normally Infra checks with us before doing
things like this.  Either they forgot or someone besides us gave the go
ahead.  If it makes you feel better to keep ranting, fine, but I don't think
it will cause us to reverse engines.

I've never used Git, but everything I've read says it is a better
implementation of SCM.  I don't see complaints about Git like I do about
SVN.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team