On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> > If you moved it from SVN to Git - why cant you just checkin your svn
> > changes?
>
> Because git has a lot of minor changes in a lot of the same files that
> were already changed in SVN. I spent the afternoon yesterday putting
> the final touches to my contributions and this morning (before the
> excrement hit the ventilator) putting all of that into a whole bunch
> of nicely documented commits. If I were to say "f*ck it" and just
> overlay all the most recent files over my last SVN copy, I would loose
> all of that work.

Ah, so you made changes to the supposedly read-only git repo in the
meantime.  Why would you do something like that?  While at the same time
you were asking for a do over.  Does not compute.  What did you expect?

> Also, it's 8 PM over here and I've been at this since 8 AM this
> morning. My family is threatening to kick me and my laptop out if I
> don't have at least one conherent conversation with them today.
>
> > I meant you are on your own  in the sense that I (or anyone else) cannot
> > get into your computer to fix things for you.  Of course I appreciate the
>
> The way I understand it, it should be possible to clone the new repo
> INFRA will eventually create to my local machine and make that my
> "active project". I can then go into my current (by then "inactive")
> project and create patches for each of the commits I prepared there,
> and apply those patches to my active git project. Am I missing
> something, or does that sound like it should work?
>
> EdB

Theoretically, that would work.  But given that you are not too familiar
with Git, it would be a risky proposition.  It is up to you.

Thanks,
Om